Paws from Paradise
Off-Island Transfer Program
The new off island transfer program is in place and has been renamed “Paws from Paradise”. The program is a collaborate effort between two animal island non-profits, the St. Croix Animal Welfare Center and Healing Paws Sanctuary, both which share a desire to help get unwanted animals into homes. If you are traveling to the states and are willing to transport an animal to one of our partner shelters, we ask that you contact us. Once we have confirmed your itinerary and can arrange for you to be met by a rescue, we will meet you the day of departure at the airport with the animal, paperwork and the fee for travel. Again at your destination, you will be met by a designated rescue where you will turn over your charge. It’s that simple and it is so needed. Won’t you help??
Take back more than a souvenir…
Paws from Paradise needs travelers to help transfer St. Croix’s homeless pets to our partner shelters and rescue groups on the mainland. St. Croix faces the challenge of a limited full-time resident population. There are simply not enough people who are full-time residents on this island to adopt the number of pets that arrive at our animal shelter.
Help us by becoming a travel partner for a St. Croix animal on his or her way to a home at one of our partner shelters in the U.S. mainland.
- Contact Paws from Paradise
Phone: (657) 999-PAWS (7297)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or Find us on Face Book at Paws from Paradise.
- We depend on travelers to transport our dogs and cats over 6 months old.
- It is optional, but paying for an animals ticket ($125/cabin) and ($225 cargo) helps us to defray our expenses.
- Provide your return flight information and final destination and we will do the coordination with the shelters.
- Our staff will meet you at the St. Croix airport with the pet.
- Our Partner shelter’s staff will meet you at the final destination airport.
At present St. Croix has a partner shelter in the following locations:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- New York
- Rhode Island
- Washington D.C.
Want to help but St. Croix AWC does not have a partner shelter in your city? Here’s what you can do:
- Sponsor a pet’s trip
- Donate an animal carrier (hard or soft)
- Donate collars/leashes, puppy pads for transport and toys for enroute entertainment
- Ask your local shelter to participate