Looking for a new friend? Our dogs, cats, puppies and kittens are waiting to meet you and adopting at St. Croix Animal Welfare Center is an easy process that takes about one week.
Adoption Hours are 12:30 to 5 p.m. Monday thru Saturday. Come visit us and you’ll find lots of different sizes and breeds from Siamese to Labrador, Chow to Chihuahua and personalities to suit your family.
Think Before You Adopt
Adopting a pet is a big commitment and responsibility. Dogs can live 10-12 years and Cats up to 20. Many of our pets came to us because their original owner did not have the time or money to provide for the pet.
- Why do you and your family want to get a pet?
- Who in the family will take care of the pet?—adults must be involved.
- Are you prepared to house break and train a puppy or would a slightly older dog be a better option for you?
- Is your household prepared for the pet?
- Have you done research into the kind of breed that interests you?
- Does anyone in the family have allergies?
- Will the pet fit with your lifestyle?
- Have you educated yourself on necessary vet meds and the costs involved?
- Is your living situation going to change in the near future?
Answering these questions will help you determine if bringing a pet home is right for you. At the AWC, we want our pets to find happy and loving forever homes.
Adoption fees are $100 for dogs and $65 for cats, and include vaccinations, deworming, spay or neuter surgery, pet license and micro-chipping prior to adoption. A 50% deposit is required to submit an application.