The St. Croix Animal Welfare Center is so very thankful to all our generous donors. It warms our hearts to know how much you care for the dogs and cats of St. Croix and support our mission to caring for them.

By | 2017-10-13T15:55:07+00:00 October 13th, 2017|Uncategorized|22 Comments

About the Author:

22 Comments

1. Brad Kirkes October 14, 2017 at 7:05 pm

We have a home on St. Croix. We love the island and people so much.I hope this helps those animals in need. Thank you for what you do.

2. Geraldine John October 25, 2017 at 5:25 pm

We have a friend still on St Thomas Island who put your organization on Facebook. Then I shared it. Thanks for all you do! Heroes!!!

3. Catherine Gareri October 28, 2017 at 9:35 pm

We send our love to all of you that work so hard to help animals ??

4. Jeannette October 30, 2017 at 4:15 pm

Love my island home
    Took my rescue cat from Stx to CT
    TOPAZ
    She’s gone now…
    But my rescue cats and pooch lulu are the best thing I’ve ever done!
    Thanks for all you do.

5. Deanna November 8, 2017 at 9:03 am

A friend in Puerto Rico

6. Susan Langley November 28, 2017 at 5:27 pm

this donation was made as a Christmas President to Pat and Mike Levitt, in memory of Dolly Parton Levitt.

Can you please send a notice to Pat and Mike at keesmom2@gmail.com?

Thanks so much…And good luck with your rebuild!
    Susan Langley

7. Susanne "BECKY" Mozley December 4, 2017 at 9:27 am

We hope our donation today helps get things going a little faster! We were devastated when we saw the damages to the building. We will be on island from Jan 9-30 and will be stopping by for a visit.
    We are bringing our little mutt and will need a health cert to get her back to Virginia. Sali wants to send 3 in cargo possibly with us when we return to ORF via MIA.
    Thanks for all you do!!!

8. Mary Ann Blair December 11, 2017 at 11:00 am

Roger has been a blessing in many ways to the family. Trust you will be able to open again.

9. Pat Kingman December 14, 2017 at 3:19 pm

Earlier today I mailed to you an envelope containing a card, a check, and some snapshots of my beautiful St. Croix rescue dog, Mona. Unfortunately I apparently neglected to include the note explaining who we are!

I am sending the missing note tomorrow, but you will most likely receive the card with the photos and check first, so I am sending this message today, in case someone is trying to figure out who we are..

I am greatly impressed by the progress that you have made in recovery, but clearly there is much, much more to be done. I hope I can contribute to this in some small way.

My thanks to all of the SCAWC volunteers — and especially all of those who helped to bring Mona into my life…

10. pascale schlaefli December 15, 2017 at 12:09 pm

To all at the Animal Shelter we wish you wonderful Holiday season and thank you for doing everything for those critters!
    Pascale and Mike Meoli, Isabelle (who gave the donation) Max and Cecilia!

11. Susanne "BECKY" Mozley December 18, 2017 at 9:53 am

Again, thank you all for what you are doing for all the critters on island! Wishing all of you and your families a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. We had to re-schedule our trip three times and we will finally be there in January for three weeks!
    Becky Mozley and Randy Wisswell

12. Ashley Bouzianis December 30, 2017 at 7:33 pm

I hope you will come visit us at our Temporary location at 5 corners, and say Hi. Thank you for supporting our shelter in these hard times. Laura Ballard

13. Ashley Bouzianis December 30, 2017 at 7:34 pm

Thank you so much and thank you for your donation! We are thankful for friends like you!

14. Ashley Bouzianis December 30, 2017 at 7:35 pm

Thank you Pat! I’m so glad Mona is such a pleasure in your life and that she got to have you as her home. I don’t recieve the mail but I’ll look for your note and picture. Thank you for supporting our shelter.

15. Ashley Bouzianis December 30, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Sorry it took so long. I just learned how to actually log on here and respond. Happy New Year Susan!

16. Ashley Bouzianis December 30, 2017 at 7:41 pm

Love you my “friend”. Laura

17. Ashley Bouzianis December 30, 2017 at 7:42 pm

Thank you Jeannette. I’m so happy you had Topaz for so long and so loved. What a beautiful name for a kitty!

18. Ashley Bouzianis December 30, 2017 at 7:43 pm

Thank you Catherine Gareri! We appreciate all the love sent our way and we look forward to a much better 2018. Please become a member, join our email list or follow us on facebook so you can find out all the cool projects the AWC is embarking on in 2018!

19. Ashley Bouzianis December 30, 2017 at 7:45 pm

THANK YOU Brad. We appreciate all you do. I hope your home is ok on the island, many of us are still recovering. Our shelter was devastated, but we will rebuild. When you come ‘home’ to the islands, stop in and say Hi at our temporary facility at 5 Corners. Keeping on Keeping on. 🙂 #VISTRONG

20. Ashley Bouzianis December 30, 2017 at 7:59 pm

Thank you! We are already up and running in a new space. We have plans to rebuild our shelter and in the meantime we will continue to serve our community from our temporary facilities. I’m glad your Roger is such a great blessing for your family. Our Crucian Critters rock! – Laura

21. MARY WARREN January 1, 2018 at 12:00 am

Thank you for all that you do to help the animals of St. Croix. I look forward to visiting again.
    Pat Warren

22. Mark Jackson February 1, 2018 at 9:39 am

I moved away from St. Croix ten years ago, but my heart will always hold a special place for de island, especially the West End. After Maria I know STX can use all of the help it can get in rebuilding, and that goes for the animals too. Thank you for providing comfort and aid to the furry creatures of St. Croix.